Friday, October 24, 2008

Cooking Memories

Last night, well early this morning actually, I was laying in bed not sleeping thinking about crudy stuff. I decided that I needed to change my thoughts around so I started by thinking of all of the things that I've really enjoyed cooking. I thought of a beautiful Pizza Rustica I made years ago...don't remember how it tasted but it was so pretty I took a picture of it.

Then I remembered one Christmas when I was probably in Jr. High and my dad was helping my brother and I make some appetizers for Christmas Eve dinner. We decided to make a snowman out of braunschweiger spread. It was really soft so didn't hold it's shape...and who ever heard of a pinkish-brown snowman? It had a radish root nose. We thought it was the greatest...my mom wasn't so sure though!

The great thing here is I went from being pretty down to having a good time with my memories.

1 comment:

Yvonne said...

Good for you. I do that too, or try to most of the time anyway. We have total control of our thoughts so why not have good ones.